Blinded by the Light

I have a mild case of night blindness. It makes driving at night a bit difficult, but I have gotten used to it through the years.  I don't let my friends know because they get really nervous when they ride with me.  I can see well enough that my driving is not restricted, but I do have to be extra cautious.

Night blindness is not a big deal for me.  It is the "day blindness" that causes me concern.  In the full light of day I am often blind to my surroundings.  I have walked right past searching hearts and smiling faces without notice.  I miss seeing blessings, beauty, opportunities and even Angels.

Lately, I have been experiencing a different kind of blindness.  I look at the world and my life and can't see how to reconcile this "valley of tears" with the Glory of God.  I know the answer, but I can't see it.  I see God's love and power everywhere, but I don't see my Mom and others who have died and gone on.  I see Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, yet I can't seem to be able to see Him in my sin encrusted heart.

I guess I am just rambling.  This too shall pass.  For now, I am going to let Jesus and the Blessed Mother do the seeing for me.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that I am holding on tight to their hands as I journey along.

Comments