The topic of spiritual battle has been coming up alot in my conversations with parishioners and even with random people who are not members of my church.  They see my collar and holler, "Hey Father, got a minute?"  Of course I've always got a minute or two!  

The conversation will go something like, "I was reading the Bible and it mention that Satan is roaring like a lion.  Do you think that could have anything to do with..."

The "with" can refer to anything from violence in  Egypt and throughout the Middle East to topics like politics, divorce, abortion and immorality of all kinds.  

Since this is happening so often, I want to remind everyone to pray the prayer of St. Michael.  At my church, we pray it after every Mass.  St. Michael is a powerful ally against the evil one and its minions. Just in case you do not remember the prayer:


Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.


Comments